‘Tis the season for decadent and delicious recipes!
(Bonus points if it’s also easy to make!)
This recipe checks all 3 boxes (wahoo!)
*disclaimer: sorry for the non-Instagram worthy photo, not on a perfectly pretty cheese platter. This was fresh out of the oven and oops, I ate it straight like this because it was too yummy to even migrate over to a serving platter. Do it up girlfriend and snap those gorgeous festive charcuterie board pics and send them my way to see!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced & cut into fourths
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- vegetable oil or Pam spray to cover baking pan
- 1 round (15 oz) Brie cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in butter for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cranberries, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and caramelized.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees f. Lightly brush oven-proof plate with vegetable oil or Pam spray. Place cheese on plate. Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is soft and partially melted.
- Spoon topping over cheese. Serve with crackers or bread.
Read More »